Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Madness.

You know, I've heard here and there, that in Kotzebue, there's "nothing to do..." and some people are, "bored..."

schedule of events

I find that hard to believe. Especially THIS week. This week we are getting ready for the Qatnut Trade Fair. The Trade Fair was previously known as the Sisualik Trade Fair. And if you know me, my family is from Sisualik. So, obviously, we're very involved.

elsa sched 1

More so this year, because NANA is coordinating it. Not only that, but we're also semi-coordinating the 3rd of July Celebration...and the 4th of July Celebration...uh...and a wedding on Friday. So, yeah. Nothing to do, my butt.

Elsa Miss Teen

The 3rd of July events include a Kotzebue's Got Talent Show, a Big Bad Burger Contest, a Horseshoe Tournament and Bean Bag Tournament. Then we have the annual 4th of July festivities, which run from 9:30 am until around midnight.

Photobucket

Elsa is so strung thin with things to do, that she's made herself a list of things to do ALL week this week. It is so awesomely detailed that she's even told herself when to shave her underarms!

elsa sched 2

She is in the Miss Arctic Circle Competition, AND is a bridesmaid in the Friday wedding. Oh, AND she is helping with the 3rd and 4th of July events. Oh yeah, and we're all having carnival booths at the 4th of July event.

Elsa sched 1

So, yeah...NOTHING to do? Come see me. I'll find something for you to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy times in Kotz! I hope everyone has a great 4th!