Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yum, Yum, Sourdough!

I love me some sourdough. Seriously. When you're a camp girl, that's all you know. Mosquitoes, Sourdough and Black meat.

Cookbook

Not to mention Kick the Can, Manaa-Manaa, Norwegian, and all those fun things. Oh...and my most unfavorite: Playing for Slaps!

Care for it

Anyway, our family is hosting a Bake Sale tomorrow, so I thought I'd just do what I know...sourdough.

I'll be sending a couple of cases of starter over there with my own little cookbook I made yesterday on my new MacBook Air! (I LOVE IT!)

Hotcakes

If you don't have sourdough...go find some Eskimo's or Amish people and get some. Your life will be better for it!

4 comments:

Kathleen Campbell said...

I'm a sourdough junkie. If you ever decide to publish that cookbook, let me know, I will by multiple copies! If you are interested in more recipes, again, let me know, I'll share some of mine with you.

Finnskimo said...

Send me your email address and I'll send you what I have. I had to really, REALLY think about things and remake everything, because my measurements are like this, "about a handful of sugar, enough flour to make bread consistency, a pinch of soda...bake until done!" I never measure. I know, I know, sin for a baker, but it never turns out BAD! :)
MjL

gpc said...

I was stunned to learn, when I read 'omnivore's dilemma,' that sourdough yeast is in the air EVERYWHERE. You just let your flour and water ferment and feed and baby it until you turn it into a starter. (And I made some here in michigan when I did recipe testing for Peter Reinhart's latest bread book) It's just that some places like san francisco (and maybe kotzebue?) have the best tasting natural yeast ever, while the yeast at my home in michigan was only so-so.

Doin' It Myself said...

We don't "measure" in my house really either. I blame my boyfriend. He doesn't really measure either. I've learned not to ask for recipes. Now it's ingredient approximation lists with mixing and cooking directions. :)