Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Out sick

After a long weekend of softball and tons of crab right out of the ocean, I am tired.

And worse than that, my baby is sick. And when my kids get sick, they get SICK. Like 103 temperature after taking tylenol sick.

sick girl

First, she got stung by a bee (Bee's up here are the size of small birds, seriously), and I am deathly allergic to bee stings, so I freaked out. Brought her home, and I didn't know any other remedy except an Epi-pen, so I had to google it to see what to do.

After a day or so, she looked fine, with a localized reaction, and "mask" of sickness. She looked sick. So, her grandparents called me to pick her up, and I brought her to the hospital, not knowing if she was having a reaction, or if she was just plain sick.

Photobucket
Had to throw this in there, cause she's SO CUTE! Rea Sunshine!

Turns out she is slightly allergic to bee stings (what does that mean?), she was sort of wheezing and her arm was limp (the one that was stung). She complained about a sore throat, so the nurse did a Strep swab, and sure enough, on top of all the other stuff going on, she had Strep. Ugh.

Photobucket

Anyway, after a night of throwing up and a day full of Barbie movies (please don't make me watch another Barbie movie again!), she's sitting on the couch watching Bratz. ( not any better than Barbie!)

Photobucket

BUT, on a good note, the Men's and Women's softball tournaments went off without a hitch. We found my face paint and did a bunch of face painting on kids at the field. The day was absolutely beautiful and perfect for softball!

SLIDE
This is Denali, sliding into home! She's a cheerleader, can you tell?

Both my husband and I's teams lost, but we had lots of fun. And my 37 year old husband, yeah...he's still got it! He made the All-Star team...whoop, whoop!

All star mens
(Stole this from the KSA facebook page!)

The kid's tournament is this weekend, and I'll be sure to get some photos with my REAL camera. Until then, you'll just have to settle for my iPhone photos of cute kids like this!

Photobucket

4 comments:

gpc said...

Poor baby! My nephew started out with a "mild" bee allergy but it was ten times worse when he got stung a second time and now, in his 30s, he is deathly allergic. Maybe you could ask if a more serious reaction is possible if she's stung again, and have a child epi pen on hand? Hope she's feeling lots better!

Sabrina said...

Glad Kaisa's doing better now! Scary! My daughter (3) just got her first wasp sting last week, it was terrible for her, but no reaction yet. Our pediatrician said the reactions don't usually start until the 2nd or 3rd sting. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Thats a cute picture of the face painted baby !
get well soon Reese :)

Sherri B. said...

I am so sorry that I missed your comment on my blog. I didn't check back on my original entry detail post...Please know that I never would ignore a comment and always give thank you's, which I am doing now..Thank you for leaving two comments! I quickly skimmed through your post but want to take more time with it as I see much going on there....I am heading back up to our other house in Anacortes WA this morning so I will put you on my favorites and catch up when I get up there.