Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Friday, June 18, 2010

A quick commute...

I jumped in our "usual"mode of transportation again yesterday for a quick trip to Noorvik, about 45 air miles away. Some of you might remember that I went there this winter for the 2010 Census Count.

Noorvik
Noorvik from the air.

I seriously LOVE it in Noorvik. I'm not saying that cause its my job. It's not really my job. I just do! We left on the early flight and sat next to a bunch of frozen bypass. We figured that if the plane crashed, that at least we'd have lots of food to sustain us until rescuers came. I claimed the Barefoot Contessa Frozen Meals! I think the pilot claimed the Tater Tots.

Sivu
Camp Sivuniigvik from the air.

Walter and I don't know
CHARLIE and ____.

I was fed the BEST Caribou Meat and Gravy for lunch and bought some Cheez-Its to snack on. The meeting went on at the Community Building and Pretty much I almost got left behind because I needed to use the bathroom so I took a 4-wheeler back to town.

Windo seat

Saima's river
I have renamed this section of the river, "Saima's River!"

Erin in her plane
Hi Erin!

But I made it and now I'm home enjoying the summer weather!

My house
Our house from the air. My Window Seat!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I am green with envy! Thanks for letting me live vicariously!

Doin' It Myself said...

How many people get to say they saw their house from a plane?! SWEET!

Anonymous said...

Charlie Nazuruk is the other guy pictured w/Walter :)

Leacayoungart said...

I am moving to Kotzebue next month with my family and a friend told me about your blog. It has been fun and informative. Thanks for sharing.