Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Torture

I live to torture myself.

I bake when I'm dieting. I agree to coordinate functions when I know I don't have the time. I Google bad things happening. I agree to get another large breed dog when I know we don't have the room. I have a deluxe espresso machine in my office and I can't drink coffee! Well, I could probably drink coffee, but not with full fat milk, Ghiradelli white chocolate and caramel syrup.

coffee machine

Tonight, my husband and I sat on the couch with NOTHING TO DO. Today was the first day all summer that we just had our family home. It was positively BORING! I mean, seriously.

Maybe I thrive on action and excitement. I love action movies. I am constantly ON-THE-GO! My boss/mom/sisters/friends/husband/kids/co-workers always tell me that I'm too busy. Busy, busy bee!

PS, I hate bees.

Bread Pudding out of the oven

My current tortures though, include baking last night and wanting to shoot my dog. Kaisa and I watched (watch...really, watch, EVERY SINGLE DAY) the Food Network during lunch yesterday, while I was downing my shake and she was eating crackers, cheese, turkey, and double noodle soup. We saw someone making a Pumpkin Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding.

She said to me, "Mom, we could make that...that's EASY!" (Ding, Ding, Ding, bells go off in my head)

bread pudding with icing

Better yet, the recipe didn't have any "weird" ingredients, like Tahini, or wasabi powder, or shoot, anything basically that one living above the arctic circle wouldn't use on a daily basis.

I mean, really. I wanted to make something a few weeks ago with Pumpkin Pie Spice - nope. Balsamic Vinegar - nope. Russian dressing - nada. Whole wheat bagels - zilch. Sometimes we don't even have MILK at the grocery store.

Bread pudding iwht ice cream

Anyway, since I love to torture myself... We made it. The teaspoon sized bite I took was DELICIOUS!

Who knows, maybe I just love the smell of freshly baked goodies...

Whatever the case may be, the rest of it is going to work with either myself or Dean tomorrow morning. I'll fatten everyone around me up, so that I look skinnier!

Sigh...what can I bake tomorrow?!

No comments: