Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Friday, February 13, 2009

My Craig's List ad...

Whoa nelly, my husband and I spent over $2,800 last MONTH to heat our home out in Kotzebue! The - 40 degree daily temperatures have gone and pick pocketed their way into oblivion!!! The wind chill today is only 52 below zero, so its a little warmer now! Global warming, my ass. (which is freezing right now, even though I'm stacked with fleece long johns and sweatpants!)

SO...If you have some insulation, Fiberglass, Pink Panther, Pink Board, Blue Board, ANYTHING...we'll take it! We'll buy it! We'll barter it! We'll trade you for something cool! I checked out on SBS and they want an arm and a leg for theirs... Since we've already given an arm and a kidney to the stove oil people, we'd rather keep our other arms and legs intact!

If you have ANY TYPE OF INSULATION and want to get rid of it, I will personally fly down to Anchorage (that's about as far as I can go!) and pick it up...or you can be a good samaratin and drop it off at Alaska Airlines, freight collect! Even the freight will cost less than purchasing it here in Kotz! (Or I'll make my family pick it up for us!) Either way, we're on it!

So...we need your help! We will take ONE board, we will take fifty boards! We will take your 24 square inches of fiberglass insulation or your 24 square feet. We promise to treat it fairly and we will even cover it all with new siding and skirting! No insulation will be forgotten, and they will all be happily snug together hugging our house in warmth and a less expensive fuel bill!

We have a nice sized house, and we need to insulate about 30' by 50' underneath our house...then we'll work on the outside. We will live in a rainbow of boards, never worrying about the way it looks until our heating bill comes to a halt!

We promise not to buy chips and pop with the money we will save after all you kind people give us your scraps! As a matter of fact, we'll even send you a nice Christmas Card thanking you!

In closing, I want to thank you in advance for your participation to allow my family to continue to stay warm in our house... And wish you all the best to stay warm as well!

Thank you.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/wan/1032216287.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through "Keeping it real..." and I follow both of you all the time.
I wish I had the money to send to you, but being single I just can't.
At the same time - it's appalling that all levels of government can leave you the way they do.
Don't they realise the cost of freighting fuel into communities???

Being a foreigner I'd better keep my opinions to myself, but Dear God...!

Jane said...

Wow, that is one heck of a heating bill! Good luck --

Jane