Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Friday, April 1, 2011

Hello!

Well hello there.

It's me. I'm doing wonderful. I'm out of the hospital now, and finally back at work!

Yep, had me a stay in the hospital. Man, thank goodness I have Aflac!

rug and cookie

I knew I was better when I started actually dialing the numbers on HSN for that super new crafty sewing machine that I REALLY NEEDED (but don't really need). And when I thought that no-sew glue stuff was the BEST stuff EVER made. Yeah, time to go home where I don't watch HSN.

Anyway, now that I'm out and SEWING again. I found these WONDERFUL little things and now I am desperately OBSESSED.

mug corner

Mug Rugs.

OMG. They are the perfect little complement to your perfect cup of tea and muffin ! Seriously you guys. I have SO MANY fabric scraps that I whipped this red/pink one up during the last 10 minutes of my lunch break so I could bring it to work and rest my soda on it during the board meeting!

rug itself

They are SO easy to make. Just check them all out HERE . Get crafty.

P.S. Thanks for all the well wishes, I feel like a NEW person. Except I can't eat spicy food. Or walk up too many stairs. Or...nevermind, I feel great. Thanks again!

2 comments:

Tam said...

Glad you're back & feeling better! I'm sure your family is happy to have you home, too.

Love the mug rug! You're making me want to pull out the old sewing machine ~ Tam

Karen said...

Hi from south central Canada! I'm jealous that you're getting 17 hour daylight days ALREADY! I guess that kinda makes up for the NO-light days.
I love your blog......stumbled on it from SOMEWHERE ( not Palin, etc! LOL)and I love your "disclaimer" at the bottom--hilarious! We have quite a few Inuit women from northern Manitoba/Nunavut that must come down to our city hospital( winnipeg) due to pregnancy complications. Sometimes they tell me about the seal and whale hunts, fishing, etc. A different way of life for sure, but very fascinating because it is so different from just going to the grocery store.
I just discovered mug rugs, too! Love them!
Happy Spring! Our snow is not gone yet, but we are seeing some grass poking through.... :>)