Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 Reading List

I like books.  I like to read.  A lot.

I read at least one book per week.  I always wanted to write them all down in a year and see how many I actually did read, but I never remember to do that.

Thankfully though, I have a rough estimate now!  Thanks to "Manage your Kindle" on Amazon.  In Kindle Books alone for 2012 these are the books I read:

-->
The Hunger Games
Mocking Jay
Catching Fire – Suzanne Collins
Two for the Dough
Three to Get Deadly –
Four to Score – Janet Evanovich
Organized Simplicity -
Legend – Marie Lu
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Freed – EL James
The Marriage Bargain – dumb.
Divergent
Insurgent – Veronica Roth
Graceling
Bitterblue
Fire - Kristin Cashore
Under the Never Sky – Veronica Rossi
The Pledge – Kimberly Derting
The girl of Fire and Thorns – Rae Carson
Into the Shadows
Darkness Rising – Karly Kirkpatrick
Eve – Anna Carey
Secrets Exposed - ?
Last Romanov – Dora Mossanen
Extra Innings – Bruce Spitzer
Song of the Summer King – Jess Owen
Rippler
Chameleon
Unfurl – Cidney Swanson
Out of Time – Monique Martin
Carrots – Colleen Helme
Desire
Summer Wishes
Shattered – Kailin Gow
Saving Mars – Cidney Swanson
Resurrection – AM Hargrove
After Eden
Beloved Purgatory – Katherine Pine
Saved
Touched – Allegra Skye
Matched – Ally Condie
Frost
Thorns – Kate Avery Ellison
Fade
Falling
Forgotten
Fever – Kailin Gow

In addition to these books, I re-read classics all the time.  Through the Looking Glass, Anna Karenina,  As the Waltz was Ending, Treasure Island, etc.  And if I like a book, I'll re-read it several times as well.  I read the Hunger Games series a few times.  I re-read the Fifty Shades trilogy just to see if there was anything different.  There wasn't.  But my husband didn't mind me re-reading THAT series!  

These books don't include the hardbacks I read, and I really did try to keep the ones I read next to my bed, but there was such a pile that I finally just put them in a box.  I do remember a few, "Sing Me Home" by Jodi Picoult, the Bible, and The Alchemist.  

If you can't tell, I am currently in LOOOOVE with Young Adult Dystopian Novels.  I kid you not, I always compare my life growing up at a fish camp to the "outdoorsy" post-apocalyptic era of these books.  I'm always thinking, "Oh, I'D SURVIVE..." haha.   My favorite has to be Divergent, and Insurgent.  I don't know why.  But I really liked those two. 

Anyway, here's to a great 2013 of reading.  (And crafting.  baking.  sewing.)  

What's on your current book list? 

P.S.  Yes, I bought some of these.  BUT... Pixel of Ink (look them up on Facebook) is a great place to grab tons of free books.  They offer 3 or 4 free books every day to download onto your kindle.  And I'm also an Amazon Prime member, so we get ONE free borrowed book per month.  One, hahaha.  One book a month.  That's encouraging reading...  haha.

 

7 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

We read a lot of the same books last year! Now, you need to get into the zombie apocalyptic books- my favorite genre!

Anonymous said...

Based on that list, you should check out the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness (first book is The Knife of Never Letting Go) and Ashes/Shadows by Ilsa Bick. Both great series, I think you'd like them.

-E

Anonymous said...

I, also, love YA dystopian works and you have hit on a few of my favorites there! I really liked Veronica Roth's books, and love-love-love Kristin Cashore!

I would like to suggest Maggie Stiefvater to you, Linger/Shiver/Forever, The Scorpio Races (standalone) and The Raven Boys (first in a series) aren't really dystopian but they are fantastic.

I also just picked up Lauren Oliver's Delirium for $2.99 on Kindle - have been on the library wait list for awhile for this one!

The Faitsbaus said...

Have you read the Uglies series (Scott Westerfeld)? It's another belonging to the young adult dystopic genre. Also Suzanne Collins has a series "The Underground Chronicles" (the Gregor the Overlander books) that is an interesting and fast-paced read. Running Out of Time by Margaret Haddox was another book I enjoyed recently.

I'm currently in love with YAD novels too (my excuse is that I'm a teacher, so I have to keep up so I can recommend and discuss with my students). I haven't read the Divergent trilogy yet though, I'll have to move that to the top of the list!

Laurie said...

LibraryThing.com is a quick easy way to keep track of actual books read. LOVE YA dystopian - try the Matched series by Allie Condie. Also the Maze Runner books. I am also a huge fan of PixelofInk - I have found a few new authors that way!

Finnskimo said...

Yay! I'm totally going to check all those out! (Except maybe the zombie ones! hahah)

Unknown said...

You can keep track of books on goodreads.com, too

And thanks for the one free lend/mo on amazon prime - didn't know that!