Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Monday, March 17, 2008

Over a YEAR?!

OK, ok, I've been seriously procrastinating on my writing skills! Or, lack thereof. But, then again, when you get paid to write, why do it for fun anymore?! Oh, yeah, because you can be sarcastic, and mean...if you want.

What a year it's been. I've written a few blogs at myspace, those of the humor category. If you're my friend, you can read them, if not...too bad. I have to admit, I occasionally go to my blog on myspace and re-read my own works. I laugh almost every time. I think I'm really, really funny. Maybe that's just me, but that's OK, one needs to feel good about one's self correct?!

OK...on to the mega year. Let's see, I got married. Yep, tied the knot, jumped the broom, got hitched, and all that jazz. It's been NOTHING like I experienced in the past. Dean is a wonderful person, who has some serious problems dealing with me! (kidding!!!) He has the LONGEST patience and temper that I've ever seen. Combine that with my short fuse and nonexistent patience, we make a great team. He works for an airline, which means for me... (almost) FREE flights to Anchorage for shopping. My one vice. Maybe it's because I grew up with almost nothing, but I want everything for my kids. Not myself, shyuh, why get anything for me, all I need are a few pairs of cheap jeans and some shirts with no writing on it, and I'm game. But my kids, that's another story.

I'm still in love with my house. I love my room (although its messy), I love the kitchen and living room and bar. I love the TV on the wall and the built in bookshelf for all my BOOKS. (it doesn't fit half my books, but hey, at least we tried right?)

My kids are doing wonderful. Kaisa is in the "big kids" class at Nikaitchuat. She's been singing the National Anthem at basketball games for the past few months. She does an AWESOME job. I really need to learn how to post video's. Yeah, in my spare time I'll do that. (don't expect anything anytime soon) She's taken to singing about her day, my day, and when she's mad, sad, happy, oh, you know, all the time. Here is our latest arguement:

KK - MoooooOOm, you're a LOSER.
MjL - that's not nice. I'm a winner, I'm sitting at the winner's table
KK - No you're not. You're not selfish enough to be a winner.
MjL - Selfish? You don't even know what selfish IS.
KK - HellOOOO, Self ISH. Duh. SELF Ish. get it right mom.
MjL - Get WHAT right? You don't even know what you're talking about.
KK - Yeah, right YOU dont know what I"m talking about... cause your'e a loser.
MjL - Stop saying Loser, its a bad word.
KK - NOW YOU'RE just lying to me, its not a bad word. Loser
MjL - &^%$#@! Knock it off. Don't talk to me.
KK - OK loser.

Yeah. that's how our days go. She decided that I was a loser. So, I told her that I'd give her twenty bucks if she could lick her elbow. haha...it kept her quiet for about 2 hours. :) Don't tell her that its impossible to do!

Koy's been enjoying the social aspects of middle school. He frequently comes home with report cards that say this:

"Koy is a very smart kid. But, he has a problem not talking to other kids. He doesn't study for tests, doesn't turn in homework, and needs to stop talking to his friends. It is very sad that he gets 100%'s on his tests without studying, but still has a B (or C) in class. Nothing less than a 90% should be regarded as an F! Sincerely, His teacher. Ugh. That boy. I guess when you're smart (for KOTZEBUE) you get in trouble for not doing your mundane homework that my DAUGHTER could do. He is getting introuble for not writing a paragraph every night, after reading for 30 minutes. Can I just say that if he read for ONLY 30 minutes, I might disown him. He reads almost as much as I do. What. the. heck. Anyway, I guess its to "get ready" for high school. Who cares what the high school does here, HE's not going. He'll be somewhere else. Even if I can't convince my husband to move away from Kotzebue, Koy will NOT go to high school here. Sure, he may have more opportunities for scholarships, etc. But we're taking about an education. And high school is more important than college (he's in middle school). Anyway, he's doing great and we're all one big happy family.

P.S. I am very happy that its sunny out at 8 am and still sunny at 10 pm! 24 hour daylight, here we come!

No comments: