Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Alive and Well

Well. Maybe I spoke too soon when talking about being alive and well! But, I can attest that I am, in fact, Alive.

Being well is another issue all together! Bottom line. I'm back on my feet again. Remember THIS? Well, since that time, I have had a weak, cheap, ugly immune system. When I get sick, I get SICK. I end up in the hospital. I end up with an IV. I end up unable to walk. You know, things like that.

So I ended up sick. With Strep Throat. And it sucks. So the week before Christmas I spent a lovely weekend eating through my veins, and curled up in a ball.

Consequently, my daughter had a pre-op appointment in Anchorage a few days before Christmas, so our entire family rushed to Anchorage for Christmas. Which was OK because we were able to spend the holiday with the other kids in Palmer.

So...in short this is what happened in the past three weeks.

1. Sick with Strep.
2. Christmas in Palmer
3. Kaisa had surgery.
4. Recovering in Anchorage.
5. Sewing to pass the time.
6. Happy New Year in Anchorage.
7. Still here.

Anyway...I took my camera and have not snapped ONE PHOTO since being here. I don't know if it's cause I was sorta sick, or what. Anyway... I'll have a few tutorials coming up. (Cause I promised to do one and then...blah, didn't.)

So, we're alive and well. Thank you. :)

4 comments:

Janice Bendixen said...

Sorry Chica. Didn't know you were sick. Would have visited you.

Rebecca said...

Whew! Glad you are ok. (maybe not great, but at least ok!) Was getting worried!

Sabrina said...

I'm glad you are alive, and sorta well, and on your way to being WELL-WELL! How is Kaisa after her surgery? My daughter had her adenoids removed and tubes put in her ears a year ago last June and I was a nervous wreck the entire time! I'm glad you are healing up, and hope you will be back to sewing and blogging in no time! We are going to a hockey game to kick off Girl Scout cookie sales on Sat, I can't wait!

the spectator said...

Have you found what caused your puppy's eye to pop out?