Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pokey little puppy

That is still the best Poke-something in my book. He was around before Pokemon fever hit my kids.

Photobucket

Photobucket

When Koy was younger we had every single VHS tape ever made with three Pokemon episodes each. He LOVED to watch the show. He used to say he was Brock because he had dark skin. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now that Max is here, and we still have one young-ish child, the Pokemon craze is still rampant at our house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After Max's Pokemon themed party Kaisa declared that she wanted to have a Pokemon Party, "But only with pretty pokemon, mom!" We'll see. I like to embrace the fact that we can have GIRLY parties still.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The number one kicker during Max's birthday party was the "FIND THAT POKEMON" scavenger hunt. You can read about it here or check out pictures on Cathy's Blog . I was lazy/tired/too busy to take out my good camera, so all my point and shoot camera photos will have to do. By the way, I agree with Elsa...that Jake is a CHEATER! He totally hid the clues in hard to find areas of the backyard. Under snow even! Just so his team could win! (Except Jessa was the one who found the Treasure Box full of candy, so too bad Ducky...your plan didn't work!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of COURSE, at all our birthday parties, we have to play Eskimo Bingo. Clara won a "Bug Catching" kit and she has been catching flies all weekend. Maybe I'll get her a Butterfly Garden for her birthday. I wonder if they ship to Alaska.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway...in closing, the super random, super contest winner just so happens to be...GAIL. :) GPC, email me and I'll send you your leather and beaver beaded keychain. :)

Photobucket

P.S. it was Rayquaza. Oh, and Happy Birthday Maxie!

1 comment:

gpc said...

Thank you so much -- Max has a birthday, and I get a present! I'm excited to win! I hope you can get the butterfly kit there, it is so cool to watch them spin and then hatch, Clara would love it. I did, and I have a very childish mind!