Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Friday, January 3, 2014

Resolution-ing

Before we get to that, here's a little video of my then 8 year old daughter cutting fish.  So if you don't know how to cut fish, then maybe that should be a resolution for you... that is if you have fish in your area!  :)

 

1. Make myself a fur parky. I'm the only one in our house who doesn't have one. (And yes, I made everyone else theirs...)

2. Make myself a pair of hard bottoms that go all the way to my knees. (Same reason as above!). I'd really like tutuliks, but calfskin will do, too.


3. Start shooting, skinning, tanning Sisualik squirrels for a really fancy parky for Kaisa. (Gotta be ready for MAC!) 


4. Say "no," more. 


5. Read over 100 books.


6. Eat more fish. Even though we do eat it, I'd like to eat more for dinner.


7. Ski at least twice a week as long as the weather cooperates.


8. Teach more people how to sew. (I really enjoyed teaching skin sewing and atikluk making.)


9. Learn and use more of the inupiaq language.


10. Drive the boat across by myself. ichikaang!



We will see how far I get this year...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, from the great South - Texas. I was trying to find an update about the blisters you were riddled with. Please tell me that it was cured and what caused it. I have kept you in my thoughts for a long time and wish you nothing but happiness and love.I enjoy hunting in Arizona and camping too. I have been all over the west and on a sail boat. My next destination is Hawaii. I would love to get to be email friends and stay in touch.

Anonymous said...

I would love to know what cured the blisters and to hear from you. You have had a family and life few ever get to experience. Filled with love and family - i'd love to here from you.