Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ugruk and stuff

I want to write every day.  I really do.  But I don't.  Sorry.

We are too busy.  Busy taking care of food and busy soaking up a winter's worth of Vitamin D. 

My side of the boat

Smoking Fish, Cutting Ugruk, Boating, Boating and more boating. 

But now that it's been ugly for the last few days, and its forecasted to be ugly for the next week or so, maybe I'll post a few things I said I would a long time ago! 

Not today though.  Some of you already know and follow me on Instagram (seriously, if you like fish eyes, and bug shots, this is the place to be!) and plenty of you are my facebook friends.  So, you already know what's going on. 

In a nutshell:

Ugruk

My cousin, friends,  girls and I worked on a HUGE ugruk.  We did have to scrape some fly eggs off it though, and that was sorta gross.

Boating

We have been boating up a storm.  Every day it's nice out.  Excuse the butt shot.  (and the camo pants!)

Ducklings

Found some late babies.  Hope they survive.  I wanted to take them home and raise them to eat.  

Horseflies

Stupid horsefly population has been growing steadily.  These suckers bite HARD!  But, they don't stop us from going swimming or boating.  They're still gross all the same though.


2 comments:

Kristina said...

I just love reading your blog. Ever single part of it. I want to be like you when I grow up!!

Love you!

Kristina

Jennifer Montero said...

Your life is so fascinating. I would love to learn to butcher an Ugruk - what a skill!