Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Better than Starbucks!

Especially when the closest Starbucks is, oh, 700 miles away. 700 air miles. Otherwise known as $720 in a round trip ticket. And as much as I love coffee, I'm not that rich, so we have to improvise.

I'll also be honest. I never ever EVER go to Starbucks unless they're serving the Pumpkin Spice Latte. (Shutup and get on the train, OK!?) Any other time I'm a Terra Bella girl. One hundred MILLION percent. Terra Bella. (Drive through off Benson and Little shop on Dimond in Anchorage!) Seriously, Terra Bella coffee will change your life.

It'll at least make you warm. :)

ANY-WHO, as we don't have a really great coffee shop here, and Mae is gone to visit family in my Coffee time of need, I figured I'd better make use of that Espresso Machine and just make my own.

Sigh.

Here's how I make my Pumpkin Spice Latte:

1-4

1. Place a spoonful of Pumpkin Puree in a cup. (We keep ours in a tupperware container in the fridge) (We also use disposable cups because this was for my son before school.)

2. Brew some good espresso.

3. Pour Espresso onto Pumpkin. Mix well.

4. Steam yourself some milk.

5-8

5. Pour milk into espresso/pumpkin mixture.

6. Pour 1-2 TBS Pumpkin Spice Syrup into your cup. (I make my own, stay tuned later this week when I show you how. Or you can buy it from Amazon too I just found out!)

7. Add Whipped Cream and a sprinkling of Pumpkin Pie Spice.

8. Give to your sleep deprived teenager so he can make it to school on time.

Pumpkin Bread

Step 9? OK, Step 9. Serve with Pumpkin Bread. (Maybe I'll share this recipe too. )

Enjoy.

8 comments:

jen said...

I NEED that bread recipe. I a salivating at the thought of it - pretty please with pumpkin spice on top?! ;)

Josephine said...

So cool - that's my Aunt's coffee shop. Have you been to the second Terra Bella location on Dimond (next to Bed, Bath & Beyond)? It is a sit-down cafe and has yummy food. I assume the same level of coffee but as a non-coffee drinker I wouldn't know!

sue said...

oooohhhhh YUM!!! glad you got threw that big storm OK... I read those blogs with great interest!!!! guess winter has found you for sure....

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I don't do coffee ever, but that had me wishing I had one right now!!

Anonymous said...

Where do you get your pumpkin puree? Do you make that yourself as well? Please share! I'm dying to try this, but have no idea where to get pumpkin puree from.

Janice Bendixen said...

Since we're talking punkins, l have a great choc chip cookie recipe to share. Make the standard recipe but add a cup (or 2) of canned punkin and adjust flour accordingly. They are delicious!

The Rudstroms said...

Mmmmm sounds great. Too bad I don't have an espresso machine.

If you happen to be a fan of all things pumpkin, I've done a few posts involving pumpkin on my friend and I's "Cooking in Bush Alaska" blog.

http://cookinginbushalaska.blogspot.com/

Hope you'll stop by some time.

~AnnMarie

Gwynne said...

Can't wait to try this!