Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Monday, September 7, 2009

A little belated...but HAPPY nonetheless!

Sorry I've been on the fritz lately! Many, many excuses, but none too interesting!

Funny face

Friday was the start of a wonderful birthday weekend. I love birthday weekends. I especially love birthday weekends that end on Labor Day after FOUR days of fun!

Our idea of fun might not be your idea of fun, cause we's a huntin' family! We are also a mighty large party throwing family. And by party, I mean cases and cases of beer, and waaaaay too many bush pilot's in one house.

Dean turned 37 Friday. (THIRTY SEVEN!) He spent the day making an ivory knife for one of his friends. (Such a nice guy I know!) After work, I rushed (like usual) around like a madman, trying to clean up and cook at the same time.

Dean cooked up some of his famous BBQ sauce and smoked some pork ribs on the deck. I swear Friday was the LAST nice Day Kotzebue will see, cause I seriously had to scrape my window's of frost this morning.

pushing me into the ocean

We had a great time with great friends. Lots of pilot talk I didn't understand, nor care to. I mean, all I know is that if you pull up, you go UP, push down, you go down, that's all I NEED to know, right?! Lots of knife talk and commissions. Lots of hunting talk. Exactly what my husband wanted.

So...its a little late, but...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my husband. The most persistent man I've ever met...

Since it was his birthday, I figured I'd list some things that remind me of my wonderful, persistent Husband...

proposal
Tulips and pirouettes...

with dogs
Black and Yellow Labs...

plucked geese
Ducks and Geese...

beluga
Beluga whales...

caribou
Caribou...

shooting
Shooting birds out of the sky withOUT a shotgun....

sarah palin
Sarah Palin...(he was excited to meet her, so everytime I see her, I say, "Hey...remember when you were excited to see her, then found out she hangs at the house when she's in town for things?" Hey...don't judge me cause of my friends!)

red knife
Homemade Knives...

with fish
Sheefish...

hatcheting a seal
Double-bitted axes...

blood
Bloody shirts...

strapping gas
Jerry Jugs...

softball
Softball...

before hunting
and boats...

Not pictured include, Xtra Tuffs, Suspenders, Baseball caps, guns, airplanes, and nut cups of the Large variety!

Happy Birthday Dean...I KNOW you had a great time!

Now...go get me a caribou!

No comments: