Click for Kotzebue, Alaska Forecast

Sunday, August 30, 2009

You can take the girl out of the village...

This is my friend Danielle. She was the best woman at my wedding. (Matron of honor? I don't know how that stuff goes, shoot, we wore mukluks and showered a half hour prior to getting hitched!)

buds

Her and I are buds.

For a long time!

She left me a few years ago, for bigger and better things. She ran away to the big city. Anchorage. I am sad.

I have lots of real good friends in Kotzebue, but I still miss my bud.

Photobucket

As you can see... no big house, high paying job, two car, one motorcycle, three ATV, snowmachine owning family can take her away from her roots.

She still cuts her potatoes with an ulu.

potatoes

You can take the girl out of the village...but you can't take the village out of the girl.


No comments: